Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frustration

I think we are both seriously ready for all the move-in drama to be completed and over with already. It feels like we've been living in boxes for the last 6 weeks, if not 6 months. And this is totally one of those times when it's frustrating beyond all reason to not actually own the property in which we live. Had this been our home in NM, we would've had this taken care of the day we moved in, or at least the following day. But no, as a renter dealing with a rental company that manages numerous houses across the city, we're one house in a series of houses that are being farmed out to other contracting companies to have work done. Miscommunications happen, things get turned around, mixed up, misplaced, and screwed, and there really isn't any one person to which the complaints can be sent, because so many people handle the issues. Sometimes simultaneously. It's a disadvantage.

So I'm sitting on my hands, restraining my over-eager trigger finger from shooting of an email or phone call to the last person with whom I spoke and yelling ... in a super quiet rage voice ... that this is unacceptable. I work from home. We LIVE here. To have to have everything smooshed into various rooms and be unable to unpack and get settled, basically put our lives on hold, until this is handled and the handling taking two weeks now is horrible. At this point I feel like everything is being put on hold until this gets done. We can't finish unpack. We can't get the things we need to finish unpacking (furniture), we can't get comfortable in our own space, we can't even maintain our privacy by hanging curtains correctly until this is all done and taken care of. It's a distraction and it sucks.

But I swear, at 10:01 a.m., if there is not someone on the front porch waiting to be let in to change the carpet, I am going to lose my shit on someone, somewhere. In a calm and dignified manner, of course, but lose my shit nonetheless.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


No comments:

Post a Comment