Sunday, July 1, 2012

Not back to work again!

Well, this weekend flew by entirely too quickly!

We have definitely had some hiccups getting moved in and settled this weekend, but I'm happy to say that we have a roof over our heads, food for our bellies, and our animal babies are all acclimating just fine. The cats have made themselves at home and quite comfortable, while Lola is still feeling things out. I've been trying to walk her as often as I can manage between getting things unpacked and exhaustion, and going back to work will definitely help create a schedule for that.

The house itself is definitely a work in progress. We had an Ikea trip yesterday, along with a couple of trips to home depot and sears. Every room is about half done, and mostly it's my office and our bedroom that are he least organized. The kitchen is jam packed! The living room is coming together well... Despite the horrible carpet and smell, which Mr has spent so much time working to get out. Once the carpet is dry and we can arrange all the furniture how we like it, and we finish hanging art and photos, it'll be done. The dining area was easiest and just needs per stuff and art/photos. The bathroom is good to go, too. The rest, well, that will just take some time. I did manage to reorganize the garage and create some method to the madness and was super pleased that we don't really have too many more boxes to go.

Of course, I'm dying to unpack my shoes and boots, but until everything is off the floor in my office, it'll have to wait. Mr still has all his clothes and personal momentos to unpack, so maybe tomorrow? He has been so busy trying to create order in the spaces we see most, so he hasn't had enough hours in the day to do his stuff. Once that is figured out, it'll be good!

Here are some random shots from this weekend. I promise house shots will come (along with the first look video) as soon as I post from my computer and not my phone...

G'night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment